|Photo from the Ottawa Busker Festival|
by David R. Carroll courtesy of Flickr
The Ottawa Blogosphere has been buzzing recently with upcoming events. So get your calendar ready, as here are some of the posts that have appeared on area blogs.
Events - April
If you are looking for something to do this weekend, check out Apartment613 roundup of events. Ottawa Richshaws has their own list of weekend events, which includes a charity cut-a-thon fundraiser for Parkinson's research, while Ottawa Start blog highlights various events during the week of April 3-10.
Apartment613 and Green Living Ottawa have posts about the EcoEquitable's fill-a-bag fabric sale this Saturday, April 6. For $10, customers can fill a bag with fabric that normally is priced $2-5 a metre. The sale is taking place at 153 Chapel St. from 10 am to 2 pm.
The National Capital Vegetarian Association has info on a charity breakfast, also this Saturday, with all proceeds going to the Fauna Foundation Chimpanzee Sanctuary.
For their part, Green Living Ottawa has a post reminded readers about the urban fruit propagation workshop that is taking place on Saturday, April 6, from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
If you want to plan ahead, Ottawa Valley Moms has a long list of events in Ottawa and in the Valley for the month of April. Among the listed events are
- The Spring Craft Sale from April 4-7;
- Pakenham Home Show from April 5-7;
- An evening with Oprah Winfrey that will take place on Wednesday, April 10th 2013 at Scotiabank Place at 7pm;
- A wine tasting at the Museum of Civilization on April 12, with a separate event in English and another one in French;
- The National Women's Show from April 13-14; and
- The Living Green Expo at the Ottawa Convention Centre from April 27-28.
Girl Geek Dinners Ottawa has a review of their most recent event on March 26, as well as details for their next event on April 16. This post also includes information on the following:
- Ladies Learning Code workshop on Saturday, April 6; and
- The final professional development event for the season by IABC Ottawa, which is taking place on April 11 at the Black Tomato restaurant
The Centretown Citizen Community Association has a post on the Ottawa Grassroots Festival at the Rideau Curling Club (715 Cooper Street) from April 27-28.
Ottawa Valley Moms has details on the Ottawa International Children’s Festival, taking place at Lebreton Flats Park from May 28 to June 2
Girl Geek Dinners Ottawa notes that the Canadian Public Relations Society Ottawa chapter is hosting their National Conference from June 9 to 11.
Events - July
Ottawa Valley Moms provide registration information for the 5th Annual CHEO Golf Tournament that is taking place on July 19,
Finally, Ottawa Richshaws has a post on the Red Bull Flugtag event on July 27, with a registration deadline of May 31.